Friday, September 18, 2009

Friend


Hi Everyone,

It has been such a crazy busy month with lots of babysitting my adorable grand-daughters, visitors from out of town, getting ready for my classes and teaching, and shopping, shopping, shopping, that it left me very little time to post. I apologize for that. I just don't know how you all find the time to post everyday. I am going to try harder to post at least a couple of times a week.

I received my Gina K stamps and I knew that I would love stamping with them. The stamps are so deeply etched and they give a beautiful imprint . I chose this orchid stamp from Asela Hopkins "Botanical Dreams". It is a gorgeous set, I love it. Gina's stamps are open lined and are perfect for colouring.

For this card I used a border punch for the brown layer and Prisma and Lyra pencils with odorless mineral spirits to colour the image. I chalked around the flower and used some glitter. I don't know if the glitter will show on the screen. Hope you like it.

I am sorry I have been MIA and promise to post more often.

Keep in touch , I would love to hear from you.

Hugs
Nicky




5 comments:

christine said...

OMG!
Loveeeeee the card!!!
Miss you :(
I will get intouch with you in the next week or so and we can do coffee :)
BIG HUGSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Carolyn said...

Nice to see you back. Was wondering where you went. Next time you take so long, I'll call you. Beautiful card Nicky.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Leslie said...

Gorgeous card Nicky! Your shading is fantastic - how did you do the soft colour around the image? Was that OMS and pencils too?

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Nicky! I was starting to wonder if you had started another blog! So nice to see you back. I look fwd to seeing more creations. Your card is beautiful, as always! Have a wonderful day!

Tanya said...

Beautiful card Nicky. Monica and I are hopefully coming to a class this month. Hope to see you soon.