Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Tuesday



Happy Tuesday Everyone! I hope you all enjoyed a great weekend. I am so happy to have a new laptop. My old one stopped working after only four years. I guess nothing is made to last forever. Now that I have my new computer, I can finally post again. Can you imagine being without a computer for nearly a month?

The card I am posting is another image by Dreamerland crafts sold exclusively at http://www.pointerscrapbooking.com/, and it is called Guitar Boy #1109014. I love this image. It is so difficult to find stamps that are geared for boys or men, and this one is so cute and is so quick and easy to colour. I used Prismacolour pencils and odourless mineral spirits to colour, and an embossing folder for the background. I love combining Kraft, baby blue and brown together and I use this combination very often. I put the buttons (die from Papertrey Ink) on at the last minute, but I'm not sure that I'm happy with the way it looks. I didn't really have another embellishment, and since I love the button die, I decided to use it. Even though it is a masculine card, I added a bit of glitter to make it "pop" and I am very happy with how it turned out.

I hope you like the card and thanks so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you.

Nicky



6 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Nicky! This is super cute!!

Esther said...

Hey Nicky...glad to see your recent posting and that you have a new laptop...means we get to see more cards...love the image, the card and the colours...wonderful! Happy holidays to you and your family! Hugs, Esther

Laurie said...

This is lovely, Nicky, and such a great colour combo for a masculine card. I love the embossing folder in the background, too. Your colouring on this cute image is awesome!

Bonnie said...

I love this card, Nicky - especially since I'm in "little boy mode" right now! The colour combination is great and the embossing folder in the background adds the perfect touch. Congratulations on another wonderful card!

Maralyn said...

Hi Nicky.....I'm a little behind but, anyway, this is a very cute card - the colour combo you used is so nice. Love this stamp...now I'll have to buy it! Actually, I love all the stamps in this new line. It was great seeing you this past Friday. We all enjoyed catching up. Thanks!!!
Maralyn

Unknown said...

I really like the cards! but i didn't find any stuff regarding Plastic Cards and plastic cards printing